How do I get investors for my idea?
When you’re looking to start raising for your company, consider these five ways to find angel investors, and five ways to find venture capitalists.
- Through top-tier business schools.
- Through your industry friends.
- Angel investor networks.
- Crowd funding.
- Your city’s entrepreneurial community.
- Prove you are market ready.
How do you pitch an idea?
How to Effectively Pitch Business Ideas to Investors
- Turn your pitch into a story. Storytelling is the best way to attract the audience.
- Choose the Right Audience. Before sharing your idea with an investor, it is recommended to know about the interests of your investors.
- Have a Simple yet Incisive Pitch.
- Set Strict Timelines.
- Speak Up About the Sales.
- Be Courageous.
How do you prepare for an investor meeting?
The 12 things you should do for your next investor meeting:
- Do your homework.
- Have your documents ready.
- Prepare for tough questions.
- Send a teaser or your pitch deck up front.
- Be on time and be well dressed.
- Know your split.
- Know where the money is going.
- Be open for criticism.
How do you talk to a potential investor?
5 Tips for Talking to Investors
- Don’t cold-call potential investors. Use your network instead to connect with angels or venture capitalists.
- Talk about market need, not market size.
- Acknowledge the competition.
- Show investors where they fit.
- Practice your pitch.