Best ways to carry money while traveling
- Divide money in different places.
- Favor on-body storage.
- Keep small bills handy.
- Carry an anti-theft bag.
- Trim your wallet.
- Use a dummy wallet.
- Buy a travel wallet.
- Adapt to the local money culture.
How do you travel with cash safely?
How to Keep Your Money Safe While on Vacation
- Use Credit, and Limit Cash.
- Use the Multi-Stash Method.
- Record Your Account and Customer Service Numbers.
- Avoid Secluded ATMs.
- Keep Cash Out of Sight.
- Use a Money Belt.
- Protect Your Devices With Passwords.
How much cash should you travel with?
Make a Budget for Your Trip
If you are going all cash or even part cash then creating a budget is key. As a rough estimation, budget $50-100 per person for each day that you will be away. This should cover your accommodation, food, drink and transportation costs.
How can I hide money from my body?
Most common places to hide money on your person
- In socks and shoes – Slide a few folded bills into your socks if they go beyond your ankle.
- In underwear –An alternative solution is to put a bit of cash into a small plastic bag and slide it down the front of your underwear –as long as your underwear fits snug.
How can I travel with a lot of money?
Check out our tips on how to rest easy when carrying a large amount of cash overseas.
- Have a money belt, but don’t treat it like a purse.
- Split up your money.
- Sew pockets into your clothes.
- Keep a decoy wallet.
- Trim your wallet before you leave.
- Break up your money into manageable amounts.